2024年1月30日 星期二

諾貝爾獎與日本:物理學、文學、落選者

 

"As a child, I wanted to be a physicist. I begged my mother to let me go to Tokyo to study physics. I promised I would win the Nobel Prize in Physics. So, 50 years later, I returned to my village and said to my mother, 'See, I have kept my promise. I won the Nobel Prize.' 'No,' said my mother, who has very fine sense of humour, 'You promised it would be in physics!'"
Heavily influenced by influenced existentialist philosophers Jean-Paul Sartre and Albert Camus and the storytellers of his village in Japan, Japanese author Kenzaburō Ōe's writing often focuses on Japan post-World War II.
Ōe's experience growing up in post-war Japan led to him becoming a committed pacifist. He has also been involved in campaigns against nuclear weapons and nuclear power.
He was awarded the 1994 Nobel Prize in Literature for "an imagined world, where life and myth condense to form a disconcerting picture of the human predicament today."
Learn more about Ōe's life in his biography: https://bit.ly/37k4yJp
Kenzaburō Ōe
所有心情:
42

沒有留言: