2023年8月31日 星期四

感動的臺大教學傑出故事集 (2015 部分8/25) : 教學的目的與現場人 The purpose of teaching is to turn blood into ' performance'

 When a series of summer storms lashed the northern coast of the Netherlands in August of 1882, Van Gogh traveled to the seaside village of Scheveningen to paint on the beach. Although winds were strong and visibility low ("I could scarcely stay on my feet," he told his brother), he managed to complete two small seascapes. This one, called "View of the Sea at Scheveningen," still has flecks of sand embedded in the paint.


#VanGogh of the Day: View of the Sea at Scheveningen, August 1882. Oil on paper on canvas, 36.4 x 51.9 cm. Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam.


“My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself.”


― George Bernard Shaw


The purpose of literature is

to turn blood into ink.


~ T.S. Eliot 

    #TsEliot #EnglishLiterature 

    #philosophy #philosophyquotes 

    #Literature #Wisdom #quotestoliveby

    #Quoteoftheday #Quotes

沒有留言: