2024年9月14日 星期六

The mirror Tarkovsky

 ART & Thoughts

“ Art is a form of consciousness.” Susan Sontbout

ART

Cinema

Love Letters

Literature

Philosophy

Photographers

Music

Subscribe to RSS//you're reading...

Cinema, English

Life, Life : Arseny Tarkovsky poems

Posted by Carmen Lobo✔ ⋅ December 29, 2019 ⋅ Leave a comment

Filed Under  Arseny Tarkovsky, FILM, Life, Poems, the mirror



1


I don’t believe in omens or fear

Forebodings. I flee from neither slander

Nor from poison. Death does not exist.

Everyone’s immortal. Everything is too.

No point in fearing death at seventeen,

Or seventy. There’s only here and now, and light;

Neither death, nor darkness, exists.

We’re all already on the seashore;

I’m one of those who’ll be hauling in the nets

When a shoal of immortality swims by.


2


If you live in a house – the house will not fall.

I’ll summon any of the centuries,

Then enter one and build a house in it.

That’s why your children and your wives

Sit with me at one table, –

The same for ancestor and grandson:

The future is being accomplished now,

If I raise my hand a little,

All five beams of light will stay with you.

Each day I used my collar bones

For shoring up the past, as though with timber,

I measured time with geodetic chains

And marched across it, as though it were the Urals.


3


I tailored the age to fit me.

We walked to the south, raising dust above the steppe;

The tall weeds fumed; the grasshopper danced,

Touching its antenna to the horse-shoes – and it prophesied,

Threatening me with destruction, like a monk.

I strapped my fate to the saddle;

And even now, in these coming times,

I stand up in the stirrups like a child.


I’m satisfied with deathlessness,

For my blood to flow from age to age.

Yet for a corner whose warmth I could rely on

I’d willingly have given all my life,

Whenever her flying needle

Tugged me, like a thread, around the globe.



First Meetings

We celebrated every moment

Of our meetings as epiphanies,

Just we two in all the world.

Bolder, lighter than a bird’s wing,

You hurtled like vertigo

Down the stairs, leading

Through moist lilac to your realm

Beyond the mirror.

When night fell, grace was given me,

The sanctuary gates were opened,

Shining in the darkness

Nakedness bowed slowly;

Waking up, I said:

‘God bless you!’, knowing it

To be daring: you slept,

The lilac leaned towards you from the table

To touch your eyelids with its universal blue,

Those eyelids brushed with blue

Were peaceful, and your hand was warm.


And in the crystal I saw pulsing rivers,

Smoke-wreathed hills, and glimmering seas;

Holding in your palm that crystal sphere,

You slumbered on the throne,

And – God be praised! – you belonged to me.

Awaking, you transformed

The humdrum dictionary of humans

Till speech was full and running over

With resounding strength, and the word you

Revealed its new meaning: it meant king.

Everything in the world was different,

Even the simplest things – the jug, the basin –

When stratified and solid water

Stood between us, like a guard.


We were led to who knows where.

Before us opened up, in mirage,

Towns constructed out of wonder,

Mint leaves spread themselves beneath our feet,

Birds came on the journey with us,

Fish leapt in greeting from the river,

And the sky unfurled above…


While behind us all the time went fate,

A madman brandishing a razor.


Rate this:3 Votes

Share this:

EmailFacebookTwitterTumblrPinterestMediumLinkedInTelegramWhatsAppPrint


Related

Andrei Tarkovsky

September 29, 2013





In "ART"

Beethoven’s love letter

June 2, 2013

In "Cinema"

Jacques-Alain Miller: On Love

December 3, 2013

In "English"

« Alphaville – Capital of pain, Paul Eluard poemsAlejandra Pizarnik “All night I hear the noise of water sobbing” »

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

Write a comment...








Comment


Type your email…

Type your email…


Suivre

Join 6,582 other subscribers


Dreams – Astor Piazzolla/ Carmen Lobo

Video Player



00:00

03:04


Peter Seelig “Time is the reality of absence”


poster und Kunstdrucke kaufen

Horacio Cacciabue


informations and media

Recent Posts

“Twilight” : Michel Houellebecq

Hermann Hesse : Trees are sanctuaries

Raymond Carver : Cherish

William Stafford: Being a Person

The Poems of Our Climate – Wallace Stevens

Categories

Categories

Select Category

Archives

Archives

Select Month

ART & Thoughts


Blog at WordPress.com.


沒有留言: